Monday, October 1, 2007

The 3-d movie is nothing short of incredible! - The Polar Express Reviews

I know I would be dissapointed if I went and saw it in the regular theatre, now. At the beginning of the movie, you feel as if you are right in the room with the boy. In the next moment, you are outside catching snowflakes. I have heard many comments of how the characters may seem a little rigid, but I think they would change their mind if they saw the 3D movie. There are times where you feel as though you are in the movie, as though the enviroment is real, and the characters really come to life, albeit in an animated way. The dancing waiter sequence is spectacular, you feel as if you are one of the children being served. And if you liked the lost ticket scene on the regular screen, just wait til you see it in 3D! The whole movie is just one visual feast after another, and in many ways is better than any real life because of the camera angles that could be achieved. One thing that I came away with that really struck me is how many of the scenes and situations seem to be made specifically for the 3D enviroment. For example, the snow, the steam coming off the train that seems to float int the air, the visuals inside the book and the ice looking out are remarkable, the "roller coaster" ride, the visual depth of the elves and their hats being thrown, and the elk herd. There are so many situations that just come to life in 3D. I will end with this: I was afraid my 5 year old daughter would not be able to watch this movie with us, because we had went to many of the 3D movies at Disney World and she was unable to watch most of them (too afraid). I myself am not a big fan of the Imax format because it tends to make me dizzy, but I was very pleased and satisfied with this version of 3D. As for my daughter, she could not remove her eyes from the screeen and I was constantly trying to get her to be quiet because she could not contain her excitement. Proof enough for me!

No comments: